Sunday, January 28, 2007

Greetings!

Greetings! I wanted to have a place to share all of the great things we are doing as a family, so I am starting a blog just for us. We are always busy, and always up to fun stuff. We are a homeschooling family living in Colorado. We love it here in the Denver area, there is so much opportunity for us. This is a really busy year for us, our first 'official' year as homeschoolers/unschoolers. We are always meeting so many interesting families and making new friends.
David is a very busy man with his job, but when he has days off to spend with us we really get to do the fun things. We love to go hiking and camping, we love to go to all the great festivals Colorado has to offer, especially the highland games. David does a lot of reading, he is always studying something new. It is wonderful to be married to a man that is so eager to increase his knowledge. His favorite subjects are health and nutrition. He has an adventurous spirit and is always finding the most exciting things for us to do. The things he loves best about Colorado are the mountains of course, the outdoor activities and of course the microbreweries.
I am always busy with the girls' schooling. It is a lot of fun for me. I enjoy being around the special people that I have met at the various homeschool events. I have just begun leading a Roots & Shoots group and I am excited about the plans we have with that. I help out whenever I can at the Homeschool Hangout Learning Center in Northglenn. I am working with some other homeschoolers to put together a think group. We want to come up with a way for homeschooling groups and families to network together and provide support for families new to homeschooling. When I am not doing something that has to do with education I am either here at my computer, or at the gym. I am up at the gym three to four times a week with my workout partner Mel, trying to get myself in good enough shape for rock climbing and all the other great outdoor activities Colorado has to offer. I do still play guitar from time to time as well. More now, since David bought me an awesome set of headphones that I can hook up to my amplifier.
Alecia has David's adventurous spirit. She is always out with the boys building snowforts, finding bugs or playing spies. She has a brilliant imagination. She also has a very strong sense of care and concern for all things. It was her idea to start a Roots & Shoots group, and she comes up with great ideas for it. Her favorite things are animals, she aspires to be an animal rescuer. She is very gentle and kind with animals, and does most of the caring for our pets. She loves Steve Irwin, Jeff Corwin, Meerkat Manor and Emergency Vets. They are a big inspiration to her. She will start soccer this year, and she is excited about that.
Zana is the mothering child. She very much loves babies and caring for others. She is also very girly and wants to wear a dress and bows almost every day. She loves to sing, dance, and swim. She has not learned how to swim yet, but she and Alecia will be taking lessons this year. She has begun to learn embroidery and is very good at it for a four year old. She will be able to take ballet this year, and is excited about that. Zana is always singing while taking care of something. She will be a great mommy someday.
That is us, in a nutshell! I am happy to have a place to share all of our activities with our friends and family. It is hard to keep everyone updated individually because there is so much going on! I think everyone should have a blog like this, it is wonderful to be able to share. It makes the miles in between a little bit shorter.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: